Machine washable kits for the DK weight version of The World's Simplest Mittens from Tin Can Knits. Each kit has enough yarn for 1 adult-size pair of mittens, or multiple children's sets. The perfect quick knit for beginner knitters; these mittens are a plush, medium-weight project for the blustery season to come. All you need are 100-220 yards of DK weight yarn and US 5 and US 3 needles.
Choose from 100% Superwash Merino Wool, Cotton, Bamboo, Nylon, and Cashmere for your super simple Adult-Size mittens. Make mittens in a variety of yarn for yourself, or gift your family with a whole patch of simple mitts. Don't let the cold weather catch you and your fingers by surprise!
See our World's Simplest Mittens Kit in Plymouth Yarns for each size of mittens in ultra-cozy yarn.
Please note: Each kit potentially has enough yarn for two children's mittens; to make the Toddler and Child's sizes you will only need 1 ball or hank of each yarn. Follow the links to find the full colorways for each line on our shop.
Nylon/Wool: Fortissima Socka Teddy Yarn x 2 balls / 65% Nylon, 35% Wool / 137yds / 50g- $10
Cotton/Viscose: Feza Baby Solid Hand Dyed Yarn x 1 ball/ 50% Cotton, 50% Viscose Bamboo / 240yds / 100g- $13
- Machine washable, felt free, durable, squishy and huggable
- Colors: Black, Blue, Brown, Cherry Red, Fire, Grey, Light Beige, Mocha, Pebble, Ruby Red, Violet
Alpaca/Wool: Bergere de France Lima x 2 balls / 20% Undyed Alpaca, 80% Superwash wool / 120yds / 50g- $15
- Machine washable, silky sheen, super soft, vegan
- Colors: Red 5000, Navy 5004, Blue 5006, Orange 5007, Purple 5008, Green 5009, Grey 5010, Brown 5011, Burgundy 5013, Black 5014, Elderberry 5015, Gold 5017, Teal 5019
Cashmere/Wool/Acrylic: Ella Rae Baby Cashmerino Sport x 2 balls / 12% Cashmere, 55% Merino Wool, 33% Acrylic / 137yds / 50g- $20
- Machine washable, ultra soft, cozy, natural
- Colors: Vendange 20450, Steppe 22507, Lave 22605, Magma 22622, Maquis 22627, Mangrove 25455, Veillee 29202
Superwash Wool: Kollage Happiness DK x 1 hank / 100% Superwash Merino Wool / 300yds / 100g- $21
- Machine washable, silky smooth, versatile
- Colors: Abyss, Charcoal, Chartreuse, Clementine, Muscadine, Mykonos, Pomegranate, Saffron, Sandstone, Wisteria
Instantly downloadable PDF file for The World's Simplest Mittens Pattern from tincanknits. You will receive a link in your inbox to download and print the pattern.
- Machine washable, tight & springy, tonal, snuggly
- Colors: Old Gold 8329, Bark 8328, Honey 8322, Adobe Clay 8319, Sky 8316, Ivy 8301, Saffron 8307
Pattern details for DK weight size mittens:
Skill level: Beginner
- toddler (child, adult S, M, L)
- fits hand: 5 (6, 7, 7.75, 8.5)” around
- mitten length: 7.25 (8.5, 10.5, 12, 13)” from cuff to finger tips (adjustable)
- cuff length: 2.5 (2.5, 3, 4, 4)” (adjustable)
- 100 (120, 160, 190, 220) yards
Needle sizes (DPNs in both sizes or long circulars for magic loop (or as required to meet gauge):
- US #3 / 3.25mm and US #5 / 3.75mm
Gauge (stockinette on larger needles):
- darning needle, stitch marker
Share your mittens with us on Ravelry and Instagram.
Tag @paradisefibers and @tincanknits to show off your cozy mittens!