Uchiwa うちわ (pronounced: Ujiwa) means leaf-shaped fan or leaf fan and literally translates to "repelling mosquitoes with a leaf fan". In the hot Japanese summers, uchiwa fans are essential to quickly and easily fan yourself with some refreshing air. Artfully painted, they often also serve as valuable room decorations, especially if they are also made from high-quality materials. Uchiwa is currently available in glorious blended multicolors, each one prettier than the next. You'll have a difficult time choosing a favorite.
- Weight - Aran (8wpi)
- Yardage - 547 yards (500 meters)
- Unit Weight -200 grams (7.05 ounces)
- Gauge - 16.0 to 20.0 sts = 4 inches
- Needle Size - US 7 - 9 or 4.5 - 5.5mm
- Hook Size - 4.5mm - 5.5mm (I)
- Fiber Content - 50% Cotton, 30% Rayon, 20% Silk