The new Kiwi 3 Spinning Wheel has folding treadles, timber veneered MDF wheel, three-speed whorl and a wooden threading hook! The Kiwi is an economical double treadle wheel, with a host of basic and solid features. This wheel is ideal for beginners and teachers alike.
With all the great features of the Kiwi 2, the enhanced Kiwi 3 will be even more in demand from new and experienced spinners everywhere. The double treadle makes spinning more comfortable, it also makes it easier to stop and start.
The benefits of the Kiwi 3 are endless with add-on kits available that allow you to adapt the wheel to spin different types of yarn. It is a single drive castle style wheel weighing only 12 lbs is wonderful for learning the basics of spinning wool and other fibers. It features new hinged treadles for smoother action than the previous Kiwi.
Try the Ashford Super Flyer Kit to receive three 500gm super-size bobbins with your Flyer Kit.
Aside from the basic overall design improvements it also has the updated sliding hook flyer, the same as on the Kiwi 2. The Sliding hook flyer allows you to move the guide on the flyer as little or as much as you like instead of being stuck with the hooks on the old-style flyer.
KIWI 3 DETAILS:
- Folding treadles for convenient transport and storage
- Timber veneered MDF wheel with ball bearings ensure smooth, silent spinning
- 3 speed whorl with 5.5, 7.5 and 9.5:1 flyer ratios
- Double treadle, mounted on polyurethane hinges, for effortless treadling
- Sliding hook flyer with frictionless yarn guides and 10mm (⅜ in) orifice
- Quick and easy bobbin change with snap-in front flyer bearing
- Scotch tension for precise tension adjustment
- Includes 3 large 130gm (4-5ozs) capacity bobbins
- Built-in Lazy Kate
- Weighs only 5.5kg (12lbs). Choose either natural or smooth lacquer finish
- Wheel diameter 45cm (17½ins)
- Robust construction quick and easy to assemble with the Allen key supplied
Our first response to your order would be to have it shipped directly from our warehouse. In the case that our stock levels are too low, your order may need to be either ordered into our warehouse or dropshipped directly to you from Ashford in New Zealand. Please allow 2-4 business days for them to process and ship out your order before receiving an e-mail with your tracking number. Should your order be backordered with our vendor, one of our customer service representatives will contact you with delays and shipping information.
Please note that Ashford drop-ships are sent via DHL and typically arrive within 3-5 business days after being shipped. Please provide a physical address for your order as DHL does not send to PO Boxes. Drop-shipping is not available for international orders at this time so please allow time for your order to reach us before we ship it to you.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns regarding your order at (509) 536-7746 or email@example.com.