This cozy colorful cowl designed by Susan Ashcroft is knitted up with one skein of Malabrigo Rasta (82m/150g). This squishy cowl can be knitted up in as little as two hours, so no need to wait to wear these gorgeous colors.
This is a downloadable pattern. Click here for a printable version.
There is no need to swatch and the pattern is written so that all of the yarn will be used, but you will not run out. This cowl is designed for almost instant gratification. You will be in knitting bliss while working with this luscious bulky merino wool.
"Why Wait?" by Susan Ashcroft, is designed to be reversible, giving a woven aesthetic on the "WS" and is intended to be worn with the top bit folded under in front. (see photos)
*Pictured in colorway Arco Iris.
- Malabrigo Rasta
- Hand-dyed 100% Uruguayan merino, squishy and soft to the touch.
- Weight: Super Bulky
- 90 yd/150g
- Texture: single ply slightly felted with a twist
- Gauge: 8.0 to 10.0 sts = 4 inches
- US11/8mm: creates a fairly dense finished product
- US13/9mm: looser finished cowl
- The pattern designer has expressed the fact that needle size is not too crucial, as switching up the size will simply change how the cowl lies and how dense the fabric is. So choose the size that gives you the look you prefer.
**Find more projects and patterns for inspiration by Susan Ashcroft:
Ravelry username: stitchnerd