This long line linen is made out of flax-fiber, which is wet spun. Flax is a vegetable product and this variety is called "long line" because it grows more than a yard tall. When it is standing in the field, it is a...More Details
This long line linen is made out of flax-fiber, which is wet spun. Flax is a vegetable product and this variety is called "long line" because it grows more than a yard tall. When it is standing in the field, it is a beautiful sight-a field full of bright blue flowers, waving in the wind. At harvest time the flax is cut and laid to dry. The linen fiber is in the long stems.
Euroflax Lace Weight 100% Wet Spun Linen cones in 32 Colors.
Machine Washable and Dryable.
110 g/3.5 oz
Since crops vary from year to year, so does the quality of flax. To get a consistent quality, the factory will blend several years of crops together. The factory where Louet Euroflax yarn is spun has been in operation for several generations. They have developed a way of splitting the fibers very fine, and double-boiling the yarn to be able to give us a really soft and exceptional quality product. Within the last year they have also started adding a softening agent to the process, giving us softer yarn that only softens over time without losing its memory and structure.
This wonderful Euroflax yarn has been used by hand-knitters for more than 20 years in North America.
Due to the yarn's breathing capabilities, linen sweaters feel cool in the summer. They are wonderful to wear and are machine washable using a non-bleach mild soap. We recommend 'SOAK' so that deep colors are not damaged by detergents. For best results, dry the garment in the dryer for 15 minutes on regular heat, then lay flat to finish drying. With wearing it will become very soft with a beautiful lustrous silky effect. After you have made one sweater you will definitely want to make more!
This linen is great for weaving or for combining with other Euroflax colors to create a heavier yarn in your own color combination for knitting. The colors are so Vibrant and beautiful.
• Most importantly, you must wash and dry all samples before measuring gauge. The knitted fabric relaxes after the first time it has been washed and the gauge will change.
• We do not recommend washing and drying the skeins before knitting. We also don’t feel that it is necessary to “shock” the yarn or finished garment by freezing/thawing or hitting it against a hard surface to soften the yarn. You can completely dry the garment in a dryer, and iron it with a steam iron in order to soften it. Euroflax is very durable and is not adversely affected by machine drying.
• With no natural elasticity, linen is not suitable for standard ribbing, on either bottom borders or neck bands. Knit-in-hems, rolled borders, lace edgings and garter stitch borders all work wonderfully with this yarn.
• This yarn is more suitable for pattern knitting such as cables, knit/purl combinations or lace patterns than stockinette stitch. Small areas of stockinette stitch work well using purl stitches or yarn overs in between.
• Please pay special attention to the recommended needle size given for each yarn.
• Larger needles should only be used for very lacy patterns, such as shawls, stoles, blankets or curtains.
This is a soft flax yarn, wet-spun so with a nice sheen . Great price,especially when on sale, and so good to have it on the cone in ample yardage. The Heron Grey colour that I picked looks better in life: less dark and heavy grey,as it looks on the picture. Would like this yarn co come even in bigger yardage,since of it being of a fine lace weight a lot of yarn is required when knitting with it. First thought of using this yarn for weaving, however I did read that 100% flax yarn behaves/looks much better in knitted or crocheted pieces rather than the woven ones.
I am ready to start my projects sooner than I thought. Hurray!
I love working with Euroflax Lace. I am knitting a top down cardigan with lace midriff. I am holding one strand of Euroflax Lace and one strand of 100% silk lace weight. I am so excited about the fabric I am getting!
I am a weaver and enjoy weaving with Louet Euroflax yarn. I especially like using it in overshot and lace patterns. Nice sheen and great weight.
I have not used it yet, but it seems fine and true to color. Your service is always fast and yes, I will buy from you again. Thanks for your fine products and good service!