The Duotone Cowl is cozy knit that uses approximately 460 yards of two contrasting colors of Plymouth DK Merino Superwash. This classy cowl is a continuous loop knitted by grafting the ends of a stockinette tube. Two colors are worked in a series of stripes which switch in size halfway around the cowl using US 7 needles.
- Color 1 (C1) – approx. 230 yards / 210 meters Plymouth DK Merino Superwash yarn (2 skeins)
- Color 2 (C2) – approx. 230 yards / 210 meters Plymouth DK Merino Superwash yarn (2 skeins)
US #7 / 4.5mm or #8 / 5mm - 16 in / 40cm circular needle
- Choosing needles one to two sizes larger than typically called for with your chosen yarn weight will result in a more flexible fabric. Sample was knit using US 8 / 4mm needles and DK weight yarn. If you tend to knit loosely, you may not need to go up in needle size.
- Waste yarn
- Crochet hook for provisional cast on
- Stitch marker
- Additional circular needle
- Tapestry needle
Cowl is a continuous loop that is approximately 9.5 inches wide with a circumference of 30 inches, unblocked.