The Beaubourg Shawl is a magnificent wrap using 4 skeins each of our hand-dyed Urth Yarns Uneek (MC) and Monokrom Worsted Yarns (CC). Designed by the talented Julie Knits in Paris, this shawl uses approximately 1700 yards of Uneek self striping colors paired with the luscious tonal Monokrom to create a colorful shawl with depth and character that is 100% machine washable. Grab your US 7 needles to cast on and knit your shawl inspired by the Beaubourg Museum of Contemporary Art in Paris.
To chose colors: Pick your Main Color in the first group of selections, this is the multi-colored Uneek skein on the right. The Contrasting Colors in Monokrom currently available with be highlighted in the second group labeled, Contrasting Color. As you click on the circle the presented photo will change.
Bonus: Every time you choose Urth Yarns you plant a tree for a family in need. Join the #knitoneplantone movement by knitting this shawl of epic proportions.
Note from the designer: “When Urth Yarns asked me to be part of their Knitters of the World programme, I loved the idea of designing knitwear inspired by my geographical identity. Beaubourg is a Museum of contemporary art in Paris. Some will tell you it is an eyesore, but I am partial to this colourful building in the very heart of grey Paris. Beaubourg is a large rectangular wrap that features two-colour brioche and slipped stitches against a background of garter stitch to represent the colourful pipes that run up the façade of the museum.” - Julie Dubreux / Julie Knits in Paris
4 skeins: (MC) Urth Yarns Uneek Worsted (Col. 4004 pictured)
4 skeins: (CC) Urth Yarns Monokrom Worsted (Col. 4063 pictured)
- The instantly downloadable PDF file for the "Beaubourg" Pattern by Julie Dubreux / #julieknitsinparis / #beaubourgwrap
Yarn weight: Worsted
Yardage: 1673 - 1750 yards (1530 - 1600 m)
- MC: 4 x Urth Yarn, Uneek Worsted, 100% extrafine merino, 200 m / 220 yds /100 g.
- Pictured: Col. 4004 (Rainbow gradient). 780 m / 853 yds
- CC: 4 x Urth Yarn, Monokrom Worsted, 100% extrafine merino, 200 m / 220 yds /100 g.
- Pictured: Col. 4063 (Darker grey gradient). 750 m / 820 yds
Needles: 4.50 mm / US7 circular needles, or size required to obtain gauge
Notions: stitch markers, tapestry needle
- 15 stitches x 30 rows = 10 cm / 4 in over garter stitch after blocking
- 15 stitches x 15 rows = 10 cm / 4 in over brioche stitch after blocking
Finished measurements: Beaubourg is a rectangular wrap.
- Length: 180 cm / 71 in
- Width: 77 cm / 30 in