The Barley Light Hat from Tin Can Knits is now available in child's size kits and is super simple to knit. This beginner-knit uses 100-180 yards of fingering weight yarn for baby, toddler, and children's size hats with 16-19" head circumference. Barley Light Hat Kits are available in a selection of yarns, choose from Alpaca, Merino Wool, and Cotton to make your simple beanie. Grab your US 2 and US 4 needles to cast on.
See our other cozy Autumn kits, and make your little one matching World's Simplest Mittens.
Find our Adult-size Barley Light Hat Kits in Urth Yarns Harvest Fingering here.
- 1 ball Incan Spice / 45% Extrafine Merino Wool, 25% Baby Alpaca, 15% Mulberry Silk, 15% Yak / 218 yds - $12.00
- Rich silky luxury. The Alpaca, Yak, and Silk make this an ultra-smooth gourmet yarn. Your little one's ears will be in cozy bliss.
- 1 ball Brown Sheep Cotton Fine / 80 % cotton, 20% merino wool / 222 yds - $8
- 1 ball Bergere de France Caline / 20% combed wool, 20% nylon, 60% acrylic / 196 yards - $7.00
- Ultra-huggable wool and acrylic that babies love. Particularly resistant to wear and tear, this easy-wear, easy-care yarn is sure to bring a smile to everyone's face. washer & dryer safe!
- 1 ball Bergere de France Ciboulette / 25% combed wool, 75% acrylic / 252 yds - $6.00
- Incredibly soft and available in a bright pastel color palette. The longest and finest fibers in the whole Bergère de France collection make this a dream to knit with. Babies adore its softness and parents love how well it lasts. washer & dryer safe!
- Instantly downloadable PDF file for the Barley Light Hat Pattern from tincanknits.
Skill level: Beginner
Yarn weight: Fingering
Needle size: US 2 - 2.75mm 16” circular needle, US #4 - 3.5mm 16” circular and double-pointed needles
Notions: stitch markers, darning needle
Gauge: 26 sts & 38 rounds = 4” in stockinette st using larger needles
Yardage: (110, 140, 180) yds 4ply / sock wt yarn
Sizes available: (baby, toddler, child)
Fits head circumference: (16, 17.5, 19)