The Baa-ble Hat by the talented Donna Smith was the official pattern for Shetland Wool Week 2015. It is a quick knit kitted with 4 colors of Cascade 220 yarn. You will need to knit at a fairly tight gauge on US6 and US7 size needles to complete this perfect introduction to Fair Isle and color work knitting.
PLEASE NOTE! Shade B and Shade C are in Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted. The Cascade 220 Black and Natural Shades are currently unavailable to us, but we don't want you to miss out on this hat!
The inspiration for this hat, as well as the matching cowl and mitts, came from the sheep and colors of the croft the designer lives on in Shetland during the winter. The strong Shetland wind blowing through the hillsides is blocked out with this tightly knit, cozy hat.
Try her matching Baa-ble Cowl and Mitts Kit to complete the entire set.
- 4 Colors of Cascade 220 Yarn, 1 skein each: 100g / 220yds
- Sheepishly Shetland - Shade A: Highland Green 9430 / B: Black / C: Natural / D: Summer Sky Heather 9452
- Bewetiful Brights- Shade A: Citron 8910 / B: Greystone Heather 9491 / C: Natural / Shade D: Aqua 8951
- Stormy Sheep- Shade A: Lapis Heather / B: Black / C: Natural / D: Grey
- Pewety in Pink - Shade A: Cabernet / B: Black / C: White 8505 / D: Tutu 9477
- Reweby in the Rough - Shade A: Cabernet 9572 / B: Black / C: Natural / D: Silver Grey 8401
- Hillside Blewes - Shade A: Lapis Heather / B: Black / C: Natural / D: Summer Sky Heather 9452
- Cafe Ewe Lait - Shade A: Brown / B: Black / C: Natural / D: Sand
- Fifty Shades of Ewe: Shade A: Greystone Heather 9491 / B: Black / C: Natural / D: Silver Grey 9401
- The Mewedos Touch - Shade A: Flax / B: Black / C: Natural / D: Summer Sky Heather 9452
- Amewethyst Skies: Shade A: Prism Violet / B: Black / C: Natural / D: grey
- An instantly downloadable PDF file for "Baa-ble Hat Pattern" by Donna Smith. You will receive a link in your inbox to download and print the pattern. Please note on your order if you would like this pattern added to your Ravelry account. We are more than happy to do so; all we need is your Ravelry ID.
1 Paradise Fibers Exclusive "Wildeweness" Sheep Sticker
Yarn weight: Aran
Recommended Yarn: Jameson's of Shetland Heather Aran & Worsted Aran
Yardage: 330 - 404 yards (302 - 369 m)
Needle size: US 6 - 4.0 mm & US 7 - 4.5 mm
Gauge: 23 stitches and 26 rows = 4 inches in stocking stitch
One size: One size, average adult head, 52-57cm/20-22 inches
Share your masterpieces with us on our social media pages: