The Ammon Shawl by Julie Knits in Paris is an exceptional knit design kit with 3 skeins of Malabrigo Susurro. This Mulberry Silk, Merino, and Linen yarn accentuate the mesmerizing swirls and regal beauty of this shawl, named for the Ancient Egyptian King of the gods, Ammon. The beauty of the curves and lines of ram horns come to life in this glorious shawl as it drapes around your shoulders. The linen and silk add a slight sheen to this magnificent shawl, and keep it light enough to wear indoors and outdoors. Grab your US 6 needles and choose from our hand-dyed selection of color combinations to make your one of a kind Ammon shawl.
See our full line of Malabrigo Susurro colorways HERE to create your own color combination for this magnificent shawl.
3 skeins (3 colors x 1 each) - Malabrigo Susurro / 50% Mulberry Silk, 25% Linen, 25% Merino Wool / 325yd (297mm) / 100 grams (3.53 ounces)
- Instantly DOWNLOADABLE pattern. You will receive a link to download and print the PDF file for the Ammon pattern by Julie Dubreux of Julie Knits in Paris.
- NOTE: Please note on your order if you would like the pattern added to your Ravelry account. Put your Ravelry ID in your order notes and we will add it for you.
- If you are not able to print your pattern, please let us know and we will print a copy of your pattern to send with your yarn.
photos by Julie Knits in Paris
Note from the designer:
“Ammon was revered in Ancient Egypt as King of the gods. He was represented in human form with a ram’s head.
The shawl’s outstanding swirl is a homage to the graphic beauty of the curves and lines of ram horns.
Wear it with pride, dignity and determination, as Ammon wore his ram attributes.” -Julie Dubreux
Size: One Size
- Top edge: 175 cm/69”
- Bottom edge: 280 cm/ 110”
- Deepest point: 50 cm/20”
Yarn weight: Sport
Yardage in sample: 3 skeins x 328 yds each
Yarn used: 1 skein each in 3 colors of Aubrey Sport by Martin’s Lab (55% Bluefaced Leicester, 45% silk; 300m/328y per 100g). Shown in colorways Anthracite, C1; Lappato, C2; Honeycomb, C3.
Needles: US 6 - 4.0 mm or size needed for gauge; 100 cm/40” long circular needle
Notions: 14 stitch markers, tapestry needle
- 17 sts and 36 rows = 10 cm/4” in garter stitch worked flat, after blocking.
- 12 sts and 24 rows = 10 cm/4” in two-colour brioche stitch worked flat, after blocking.
The gauge isn’t crucial on this project, but differences will affect the finished size as well as the required yardage.