When people think of spinning wheels, they usually envision a big, beautiful Saxony style wheel. The Saxony style wheels were the first spinning wheels in history that added a treadle in order to free both hands of the spinner. Since their inception, they have been the wheel of fairytales and therefore, are often referred to as “Cinderella” wheels. The Kromski Symphony exemplifies the classical style of these wheel types!
It is the largest, in our line of Saxony wheels, with a diameter of 24” and an orifice height of 27”. The Symphony definitely commands the attention of the room with it’s definitive sloping bench and grand sprawl measuring 43” wide. Although capacious, the weight of this wheel is quite conservative at only 15 pounds.
It is a double treadle wheel that can be operated in either single drive mode with Scotch Tension or in double drive mode, without. An independent, tensioned, arched lazy kate is INCLUDED with this wheel. The observable turnings of the Symphony wheel, posts and legs alone display the distinctive Kromski craftsmanship but the meticulous artistry in the functional components of the mother-of-all amplify this wheel as a timeless beauty.
Jumbo Flyer kits expand the spinners range in two ways. First, the type of yarn created can vary from lace-weight to super bulky art yarn because of the larger orifice on the jumbo flyer. Subsequently, the jumbo bobbin allows spinners twice the capacity of the regular Kromski bobbin. A regular Kromski bobbin already offers 50% greater space than most standard bobbins in the industry with a generous 4.2 ounce capacity. Jumbo bobbins double that, essentially allowing you to spin two regular bobbins worth without a bobbin change!! This means longer, continual drafts for skeins with greater yardage.
Printable PDF instruction
- finished clear
- Separate Arched Lazy Kate (3 bobbin capacity)
- 2 bobbins (120g/4.2oz capacity)
- Threading Hook
- Spinning Wheel Oil & Wrench
- Beautiful European Alder and Birch wood
- Wheel Diameter : 60cm (24 inches)
- Orifice Circumference : 10mm (3/8 in.)
- Standard Whorl Ratios: 8, 12, 16 and 20:1
- Additional whorls 5.5:1 & 25:1 available
- Leather bearings on front and rear maiden
- Durable brass bearings at wheel hub
- Hushed plastic bearings in bobbins
- Single Drive with Scotch Tension or Double Drive
- Double Treadle
- Total Wheel weight : 6.8kg (15 lbs)