Inspired by a wheel style that is richly rooted in the beginnings of spinning wheel history, the Polonaise was masterfully designed and engineered with longevity in mind. This enticingly beautiful wheel, a traditional Norwegian style design, captures the fashion and refinement of wheels historically found in the Baltic areas of Poland and the Scandinavian Peninsula. Boasting a magnificent yet graceful 24” drive wheel that is suspended by pin and socket bearings, the Polonaise presents with virtually effortless treadling. This feature, along with an expansive range of speed/ratio options to choose from, gives spinners of all experience levels more flexibility than ever before offered in a wheel this large.
The fully functioning, wooden wheel-adjusting and tension adjusting screws permit each individual spinner to precisely calibrate the wheel angle and flyer alignment of this model. Exceptional details and craftsmanship make the Polonaise one of the most desired wheels produced by Kromski. With all of the eloquent features and dependable performance that the Polonaise delivers, it is sure to become a treasured heirloom and conversation piece for years to come.
Jumbo Flyer kits expand the spinners range in two ways. First, the type of yarn created can vary from lace-weight to super bulky art yarn because of the larger orifice on the jumbo flyer. Subsequently, the jumbo bobbin allows spinners twice the capacity of the regular Kromski bobbin. A regular Kromski bobbin already offers 50% greater space than most standard bobbins in the industry with a generous 4.2 ounce capacity. Jumbo bobbins double that, essentially allowing you to spin two regular bobbins worth without a bobbin change!! This means longer, continual drafts for skeins with greater yardage.
Printable PDF instructions
- finished clear
- Separate Vertical Lazy Kate (3 bobbin capacity)
- 3 bobbins (120g/4.2oz capacity)
- Threading Hook
- Spinning Wheel Oil
- Beautiful European Alder and Birch wood
- Wheel Diameter : 60 (24 inches)
- Orifice Circumference : 10mm (3/8 in.)
- Standard Whorl Ratios: 8, 12, 16 and 20:1
- Additional jumbo whorl with 5.5 and 25:1
- Durable leather bearing on front and rear maidens
- Sturdy metal pin and socket bearings at wheel hub
- Hushed plastic bearings in bobbins
- Single Drive with Scotch Tension
- Double Drive
- Single Treadle
- Total Wheel weight : 7.3kg (16 lbs)