The Baa-ble Mittens and Cowl by the talented Donna Smith are designed to go with the famous Baa-ble Hat, the official pattern for Shetland Wool Week 2015.This darling set is kitted with 4 colors of Cascade 220 Yarn, 100% Wool Yarn. You will need to knit at a fairly tight gauge on US6 and US7 size needles to complete the duo.The cowl can be knitted as either a shallow version or a deep version and charts are given for both.
PLEASE NOTE! Shade B and Shade C are in Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted. The Cascade 220 Black and Natural Shades are currently unavailable to us, but we don't want you to miss out on this set!
The inspiration for this set, as well as the matching hat, came from the sheep and colors of the croft the designer lives on in Shetland during the winter. The strong Shetland wind blowing through the hillsides is blocked out with this tightly knit, cozy set.
Try her matching Baa-ble Hat Pattern and/or kit to complete the look.
- 4 Colors of Cascade 220 Yarn, 1 skein each: 100g / 220yds
- Sheepishly Shetland - Shade A: Highland Green 9430 / B: Black 8555 / C: Natural / D: Summer Sky Heather 9452
- Bewetiful Brights- Shade A: Citron 8910 / B: Greystone Heather 9491 / C: Natural / Shade D: Aqua 8951
- Stormy Sheep- Shade A: Lapis Heather / B: Black 8555 / C: Natural / D: Grey
- Pewety in Pink - Shade A: Cabernet / B: Black 8555 / C: White 8505 / D: Tutu 9477
- Reweby in the Rough - Shade A: Cabernet 9572 / B: Black 8555 / C: Natural / D: Silver Grey 8401
- Hillside Blewes - Shade A: Lapis Heather / B: Black 8555 / C: Natural / D: Summer Sky Heather 9452
- Cafe Ewe Lait - Shade A: Brown / B: Black 8555 / C: Natural / D: Sand
- Fifty Shades of Ewe: Shade A: Greystone Heather 9491 / B: Black 8555 / C: Natural / D: Silver Grey 9401
- The Mewedos Touch - Shade A: Flax / B: Black 8555 / C: Natural / D: Summer Sky Heather 9452
- Amewethyst Skies: Shade A: Prism Violet / B: Black 8555 / C: Natural / D: Summer Sky Heather 9452
- An instantly downloadable PDF file for "Baa-ble Mittens and Cowl Pattern" by Donna Smith. You will receive a link in your inbox to download and print the pattern. Please note on your order if you would like this pattern added to your Ravelry account. We are more than happy to do so; all we need is your Ravelry ID.
- 1 Paradise Fibers Exclusive "Wildeweness" Sheep Sticker
Yarn weight: Aran
Recommended Yarn: Jameson's of Shetland Heather Aran 50g balls
- To knit both the mittens and the cowl (deep or shallow version): Shade A: 2 / Shade B: 2 / Shade C: 1 / Shade D: 2
Yardage: 600 - 700 yards (549 - 640 m)
Needle size: US 6 - 4.0 mm & US 7 - 4.5 mm
Gauge: 20 stitches and 24 rows = 4 inches in Colourwork
One size: Mittens: One size; Cowl: Shallow and Deep
Share your masterpieces with us on our social media pages: